Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Food For Thought

Strange thing happened today. My taste buds began acting up. Well, at least the ones that tell my brain that I'm ingesting something bitter. Everything that I ate had a strong bitter taste. It's like they wanted to outdo the sweet and salty buds. They demanded my attention. "Do you taste how much bitterness is in this bite?" I wasn't eating something new; it's just that I began focusing on it's bitter quality and lost my potential to fully experience the more pleasant flavors that were mingled in it... And God nudged my heart and showed me how my view of life and relationships the last week or so has reflected the same phenomenon. Too much focus on the bitter. Too much rolling things over and over the same bitter tastebud until I was completely missing the sweet grace that is surely mingled in.

"See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God, that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble..." Heb. 12:15

3 comments:

A & K Finch said...

Marcie,
Thank you for sharing! I needed to read that today! =) Keep sharing.
Kathleen Finch

Shelley Mangini said...

Beautiful, I hope this is something you plan on doing all the time. Miss you.

gramma said...

Looks like the start of a wonderful new ministry for you...maybe writing a Bible Study book is in your future. Aunt Phyllis